1. Leap of Faith


Batanes_256 It is true, I just saw Batanes on a map and was curious so I flew there. Before going to Batanes I was thinking of traveling locally, only that I had no idea where. I did not know anyone from there. I just got a handful of information from the internet. I made up my mind for a solitary adventure so I packed up and went off. And everything went so right!




2. To the Clan Mothers, I lower my head in respect


The sisters, aunts andBatanes_166 mothers, I met in Batanes have literally, sheltered me, fed me, clothed me, listened to me, and, cheered me up when I needed it. I couldn't say more how grateful I am. They have showered me their genuine love and generosity.


I might have looked really miserable (although I don't think so) that one day when 2 aunts offered me clothes to wear: "wear this to keep you warmer, I do not have "kili-kili" (armpit odor) power so don't worry". "These are my daughters' but they are not using it anymore, pick anything you can wear to keep you comfortable in this chilly weather". I wanted to tell them that I didn't need anymore clothes but of course I could not tell them to their faces. So I accepted and was indeed, warmer :-). Mothers truly know better.


From my understanding, the idea of "clan mothers" is Celtic as well as derived from other indigenous traditions the world over. They are the females of the human race who nurture and train their youngs (specially their daughters or the young women of the community) to perform their invaluable role in the community such as nurturing, healing, inspiring, magicking, etc, etc. This 'clan mothers' follow the long-forgotten Goddess Path. So when I was there with these wonderful women, I felt I was being nurtured and taught by the great mother Goddess herself. I felt the warmth especially that my own mother passed away for several years already and I have not been feeling that nurturing connection for quite a few years since my mother died.

Batanes_076
And of course, the uncles,
fathers and brothers I found in those islands have also kept my heart warm and their funny jokes made me laugh despite the moody broody weather.





3. Optimism and Helpers

Batanes_238

Whatever you want to do to make you happy, if it is fun and of good report, if it makes your soul smile, by all means, do it! Be determined and positive and assistance from nowhere magically flows to you. I was short of money but was determined to leave Basco that day, good souls swiftly came to my aid. And of course, since I can practically pay the money back through bank transfer, I did not choose to have it for free.



... And this wonderful Batanes trip is not of course an isolated case. Similar wonders of kindness, sincerity, human warmth, synchronicity, good impressions, invaluable education, friendship, etc, etc, were experienced in my local travels in the Philippines, in Hokkaido, in Thailand and in Cambodia. These experiences are encouraging me to do more, to do what I really want to do... to travel far and wide, to touch peoples' lives and be touched by them.


~^~^~


........ ... THE END of this chapter.................





This entry was posted on Wednesday, May 21, 2008 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: