This tag from Kayni is so timely because coming back after a month's vacation, I feel a bit spaced-out in updating my blogs. This suitably sets the momentum back to blogging!
1. I worked in Sanyo Semicon Corporation as a Japanese translator/interpreter, directly accountable to the big bosses. I lasted only 3 months! No, I was not fired, I performed quite well. I quitted! :-) yehehey!
2. I backpacked around southern China and Southeast Asia for 1 year and 2 months, and very very recently, I've decided to halt this non-stop traveling and do something different.
3. Now this is strange or weird to some, (and I don't know why it sounds incredible to some people when they hear it): In my first visit to Malaysia, I volunteered for one and a half week in a dog sanctuary in Langkawi island.
4. I also worked for one and a half week in an eclectic restaurant with an eclectic boss in Bukit Tinggi in Malaysia - just to have an odd experience. It was nice, but really odd... ha ha.
5. I missed a flight. A connecting flight from Jakarta to Pontianak in Borneo just because my airplane from Bali didn't take-off due to a last minute verdict of bankruptcy for the air company! Yay!

6. I haven't had a Filipino boyfriend yet! (I'm not especially looking or requiring one though :-) )
7. I believe in Astrology, Numerology, Palmistry and other kinds of divinatory sciences, but this does not mean I relinquish my faith in God, tehee...
Now, to continue the tradition, I'm tagging Kero, Angeli, and Edgar, that is, if Edgar do tags.
1. I worked in Sanyo Semicon Corporation as a Japanese translator/interpreter, directly accountable to the big bosses. I lasted only 3 months! No, I was not fired, I performed quite well. I quitted! :-) yehehey!
2. I backpacked around southern China and Southeast Asia for 1 year and 2 months, and very very recently, I've decided to halt this non-stop traveling and do something different.
3. Now this is strange or weird to some, (and I don't know why it sounds incredible to some people when they hear it): In my first visit to Malaysia, I volunteered for one and a half week in a dog sanctuary in Langkawi island.
4. I also worked for one and a half week in an eclectic restaurant with an eclectic boss in Bukit Tinggi in Malaysia - just to have an odd experience. It was nice, but really odd... ha ha.
5. I missed a flight. A connecting flight from Jakarta to Pontianak in Borneo just because my airplane from Bali didn't take-off due to a last minute verdict of bankruptcy for the air company! Yay!

6. I haven't had a Filipino boyfriend yet! (I'm not especially looking or requiring one though :-) )
7. I believe in Astrology, Numerology, Palmistry and other kinds of divinatory sciences, but this does not mean I relinquish my faith in God, tehee...
Now, to continue the tradition, I'm tagging Kero, Angeli, and Edgar, that is, if Edgar do tags.
7 comments:
Angeli said...
i'm so glad you're back.. i missed reading your sassy posts.. :)
thanks for the tag..
Anonymous said...
wow, as far as interesting goes, these are tops ;-)
d_d_d said...
what is an "eclectic restaurant"???
Kayni said...
were there lots of dogs at the sanctuary? i remember you telling me about this experience.
thank you for doing the tag. it's always wonderful to know more facts about you =).
artemis said...
Hi Dina! welcome to blogging! teka, where's your blog?
what you're having a baby?!!
well.. in virtualtourist.com (an online travel site where I get my travel tips) there is this genre of restaurants. And "eclectic restaurant" is listed as one genre. I say that this particular resto where i did a short stint is very eclectic because the chef's menu is an innovative mixture he learned from his Chinese-Malay mother's home cooking, international cooking he searches from the internet, plus his own style of cooking and food presentation. K.L. people drive a 1 hr ride just to have a taste of his very unique cooking of which he is known for. so I think this resto belongs to the eclectic type :-).
artemis said...
Thanks Anj!
Thanks for dropping by Caryn :-)
Kayni, there were about 40 dogs in my appointed site,and we were 4 people looking after them. I heard there were more dogs in the main sanctuary, and lots of cats too!
The Sanctuary is a private animal charity put up by a lady who owns an expensive resort, generously unique ha?
Anonymous said...
I've read a number of 7 random Facts tag and yours is one of the most interesting shares. Dropping by from Kayni's blog. Happy weekend. =)