I just came back from yet another family gathering (the previous ones this year, I failed to go) in the province. I dreaded going to these gatherings in the province because of the bumpy, dozen of hours bus rides and specially, if after you attended, no decisive conclusions have been come up to.


But I went to this recent one, (hope this will be the last for this year) because for the past two years, I have been absent to all the other so-called family gatherings/meetings, including Christmas and all-souls-days.


Although this recent gathering did not fulfill its agenda, it has been worthwhile going back to that "summer vacation" place after many years. I call it one of the summer destinations of my childhood not because it is a cool place to be during summers, in fact, it is a hot place. It was only that because during summer school breaks, and looking for a change of environment before another school year starts, this place served as an alternative place to my cold mountain hometown.


What a pity, i could only manage to get a couple of not-so-colorful photos of sunrise and sunset, topping it with a couple of jaded memories of childhood. It rained the second day, and that's also why I didn't linger there.





Sunrise, the morning I arrived.





Sunset, the same day I arrived





Tropical Summer of 1994. Myself and cousins.




Tropical Summer of 1991. Fabienne and I





This entry was posted on Wednesday, November 19, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

    Kayni said...

    i like the childhood photos =). where is this place?

  1. ... on 11/22/08, 12:03 AM  
  2. artemis said...

    hi Kayni, the place is paracelis, mt. province :-)

  3. ... on 11/28/08, 3:15 PM