I recently received some oblation run photos of the December 05 gathering. Here are some teasers ;-)...
December 17
And for last night's "pasiklaban," I don't have photos of the usual naked fun run. Pasiklaban is the yearly Christmas party where teachers are obliged to show their other selves (not as teachers but as entertainers for the students). They compete among their groups by showing-off whatever other talents they have, including but not limited to: dancing, acting or singing, all for the students entertainment. This is the so called 'revenge' night where students can scrutinize the other aspects of their teachers. They hoot or cheer according to their free judgement, putting aside political and/ or academic correctness. Is it not fun indeed?
Wah, it is almost 9 years since the last time I heard those melodious voices.
Although I was very cold and wanted to leave, I was very curious on how the College of Social Sciences will beat the 2 others groups that came first. And this is it! In my four years stay in campus, the faculty of SocSci have just been standing there and singing, how predictable!..
Nah, :-) but it was worth it, because they sang on top of their voices and the music really reverberated all throughout the trees and buildings. And the songs were not only very funny and joyful but also meaningful. Perhaps they won the best award in the end, did they?
Perhaps this will be my last Pasiklaban festival, it is certainly fun but I had my time :-)
4 comments:
Lorenzo said...
Ang saya naman! Hindi pa ako nakaka kita ng Oblation Run!
Angeli said...
hah! bakit may mga dahon? ang corny naman.. :)
Kayni said...
good photos! it's been a long time since i saw one like this. where did the time go?
artemis said...
Ay naku Edgar, why?? you've been living in Baguio ha :-) It happens every December,not only here but in most, or all UP campuses. he he.
May isa dun sa dulo na walang dahon Angeli, pero dinoktor ko ng konti ang photos para di naman obvious mga identidad nila, hye hye.
Yes Kayni, it's really fun despite the December night frost.Hopefully you'll have the chance to see another like this in the future. As long as the University exists, there will be fun runs like this :-)