...After 4 hours and 15 minutes, we finally reached Basco port.I was still very dizzy from my seasickness. But I still remembered what I was
told to do by the time I reach the port. I was supposed to send a text message to the lady, Mrs. O, who voluntarily and kindly arranged a free accommodation for me in that town. I met her earlier in the morning as one of the passengers who luckily took the first flight from Itbayat.The crew and my fellow passengers were starting to move out,I peeped outside at the people waiting. I saw two gentle looking women looking directly at me and smiling. I was very puzzled, "who are they?" Perhaps they were the people arranged by Mrs O to adopt me? But how could they know, and why did they have come to the port? That was not what I was told it would be. Perhaps they were warned earlier and they took the trouble to spare me from the trouble of contacting them myself?
When I stepped out from the boat, staggering to balance myself upright on the platform, the two women reached out for my hand for a handshake. They mumbled some introductions that I didn't quite get. I was still very numbed, wet allover and my head was whirling. They kept on talking to me while we were walking away from the port. They're kind of curious and interested about a little, solitary traveling girl (perhaps the first time in Batanes, he he he :-) for people always wondered and asked why I went alone). I was so tired and all I wanted was to rest but I still managed to ask them who they are, again. The other woman responded:
" I am the mother of Don, he sent me a message at at 1 pm today when I just arrived from
Whoa! so it's another arrangement after all, not the previous arrangement offered by the other generous lady I met earlier in Itbayat. So I asked the mother of Don:
"Why didn't Don tell me this when I was in Itbayat?"
She replied that Don didn't know earlier that she (his mother) had already arrived from
0 comments: