One day, I went to eat lunch in this cute and tiny restaurant in Itbayat island, the furthest inhabited island of Batanes province. While their mother was cooking my food, I asked these twin girls if I can photograph them. Their mother translated my request to them in their local language. Upon learning about my request, the two girls had a little discussion, said something to their mother and then quickly went outside. At first, I thought they rejected my request and I got a bit disappointed. However, to my surprise, their mother told me that they wanted to go and change their clothes to their best clothes first and that they'll come back for me to take their photographs. Touched by their 'big little' efforts to look good in front of my camera and later audience, I said "no need, you look good as you are, please come back". Their mother called them back and translated what I said. Hesitantly, they came back and I took this photo of them.




This entry was posted on Monday, June 02, 2008 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: