Boat-maker's village in Sabtang island. I like the virgin ruggedness of the place. I was drenched in the rain, riding a motorbike in a weather that is more fickle-minded than a woman. :-)


This entry was posted on Monday, June 02, 2008 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

4 comments:

    Angeli said...

    hi artemis.. great pics.. my boyfriend and i are planning to go Batanes. any pointers? :)

  1. ... on 6/4/08, 11:29 AM  
  2. artemis said...

    Hi Angeli, hmm. I was there Jan 2006, 2 years ago. many have changed by now I'm sure. when do you plan to go? The important thing you should remember is go there during dry season. Remember that it is there where tropical storms come from. As of places to stay in Basco, I guess there are several places by now since I see, more and more people are going. Basco is a small capital so it wont be hard to find your way there. Itbayat island is ruggedly beautiful if you can reach that far. Sabtang island is also very much worth visiting especially that it's just 45 minutes boat ride from Basco. :-)

  3. ... on 6/5/08, 10:52 AM  
  4. Angeli said...

    thanks! :) we plan to go there January of next year.

  5. ... on 6/5/08, 11:18 AM  
  6. artemis said...

    wow, I was there january 2006 and it was rainy. just check the weather before you go. anyways, the weather nowadays is unpredictable so it could be sunny when you go!

  7. ... on 6/6/08, 3:16 PM