In my last visit to Tokyo, I met up with an old pal, a veterinarian who is (ironically) not fond of animals. As in the old days, we talked about a variety of topics, whatever came to our minds. Having had a recent visit to Israel, he brought out the issue regarding the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. He said he disapproves of the Jewish occupation of Palestinian claimed territories. I asked why? He said that If the Jews left Israel a couple of thousands of years ago it is unfair for them to go back and claim an already occupied land.
"For example, look at the Japanese", he explained, "they do not go back to Africa and claim territories there". I was perplexed by what he was saying. I thought there maybe a misunderstanding due to the complexity of the Japanese language. So I clarified: "Do you mean there were Japanese who lived in Africa?" He was certain of his answer: "Of course, aren't we all originally from Africa?"
He he he...
"For example, look at the Japanese", he explained, "they do not go back to Africa and claim territories there". I was perplexed by what he was saying. I thought there maybe a misunderstanding due to the complexity of the Japanese language. So I clarified: "Do you mean there were Japanese who lived in Africa?" He was certain of his answer: "Of course, aren't we all originally from Africa?"
He he he...
2 comments:
Kero said...
hehehe. i enjoyed this post. i will share it with hubby later. anyway, i got a blog meme for you, girl. click here http://kcelebration.blogspot.com/2008/08/book-tag.html
artemis said...
thanks for the blog meme,
it's fun!