Finally, I got a new net book, an AAOne (Acer Aspire One). It is small and light and it serves my purpose. I christened it "Sapphire", although it doesn't belong to the Christian persuasion. Thanks to iBon for financing 51% of the purchase. He insisted on paying 51% so I paid 49%. Is it fair? :-)... So now I don't have to compete using the home desktop, and also, I wont be spending time at the internet cafe.



But with this new fortune comes pressure and "duty". This may also mean, gone are the days of "pabanjing-banjing" (idling), or so, it is hoped. Seriously hoped.


Which reminds me, how many years I haven't been employed? How many years I haven't had a boss? Very long indeed. And I'm tired of being unemployed, or briefly employed of personally-unfulfilling jobs (am I really? didn't I enjoy it, haha).


So my first assignment is to translate my childhood stories to the original language. This storybook is sold in Amazon.com, very cheap. Tagalog and English versions are available. A forthcoming Japanese version, Finallig version (my part), and hopefully, a Turkish version, will be available. After this, let's hope the Universe will provide for some more interesting projects. Amen...


This entry was posted on Monday, August 11, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

6 comments:

    Angeli said...

    you're here in manila, right? let's have some coffee sometime? :)

  1. ... on 8/11/08, 8:49 PM  
  2. artemis said...

    hmm, cofee, i'd love to but I'm still in old Baguio. Haven't been to Manila for more than a year now! When you happen to be around here, you tell me so we go for cofee? :-)

  3. ... on 8/11/08, 10:15 PM  
  4. Angeli said...

    all the while i thought you're here in manila! :) nakaka-miss ang Baguio.. i'll go for a visit in a couple of months. i'll look you up then. anyway, have fun with the new notebook! :)

  5. ... on 8/12/08, 9:07 AM  
  6. Kayni said...

    congratulations on the new purchase =). sounds great that you paid 49%...lol.

  7. ... on 8/12/08, 9:28 PM  
  8. artemis said...
    This comment has been removed by the author.
  9. ... on 8/16/08, 8:44 AM  
  10. artemis said...

    yes, for some reason I paid 49%,lol... isn't it good Norwegian wood. ;-)

  11. ... on 8/16/08, 8:48 AM