I was tagged by Kayni so here we go.
1. Have you ever been on TV? Yes, accidentally. I was in the wrong place at a wrong time! I was in an art gallery with a friend in a mid-afternoon in the middle of the week. It so happened that a TV crew assigned to cover the event found me and my friend to be the only people at the gallery at that time. They approached and asked permission to interview me for the XX TV Company. I asked, "why me?" It turned out that they thought I was one of the artists! (it was an all-women show). I told them no, I am not an artist but an art patroness (joke!).. No, I told them the truth, that I am not an artist (nor an art patroness, nor an art expert), I just went there to see the exhibit. But they insisted to interview me (and to show me on TV), because they reasoned out, there's nobody else to interview and if I can say just a few things about my opinion regarding the exhibit.
Unfortunately, I did not have an opinion and I couldn't think of anything worthy to say in front of the TV that will be watched by the whole nation, so I pointed that they interview my friend. My friend pointed back at me. So the TV crew pleaded to interview both of us. Thus, my friend and I mumbled a few words which, we even couldn't understand. I felt my face hot and red, blushing... After we said our impromptu pieces, the TV guys thanked us profusely and told us to watch it at a certain day and time. I didn't watch of course, I didn't want to embarrass myself double time.. But friends and relatives later told me that they saw me on TV. And their first question was if the guy with me was my boyfriend! yaey!
2. Have you ever sung in public? Yes, quite a few times. A group show with my singing buddies in Uni, and of course there were those mandatory singing in public in primary school that happened during certain occasions.
3. Have you ever dyed your hair blond? Uh-uh.. not blond, but one time burgundy highlights and at another time, dark blue. The burgundy was kinda cute, my brother couldn't stop laughing. The dark blue turned out to be invisible in a black hair.
4. Have you ever eaten frog legs? Yes I did, long time ago, it was tasty I think.
5. Have you ever received a present that you really hated? Not exactly hate, perhaps some things I just didn't like much because I didn't really need, so i gave them away rather than watch them rot.
6. Have you ever walked into a lamp post? Not yet... hope it wont ever happen.
7. Have you ever cooked a meal by yourself for more than 15 people? Yes, once. I had to feed some people for some 'political' purpose.
8. Have you ever fallen or stumbled in front of others? Haven't fallen but stumbled a few times. I don't remember when and how and what happened after.
9. Have you ever done volunteer work? Yes, I have joined a mass feeding activity in the market place (the food was no ordinary, it was especially blessed in some kind of ritual :-); Back in Uni, I organized and collected relief goods for people in need in the countryside; My mountain climbing group once went to collect trash in Mt. Kabuyao, we filled a couple of sacks; With the same mountain climbing group we volunteered to search for a lost person in the river; and I think there were more (like tree planting :-)) but I don't remember anymore..
Tagging Angeli!
1. Have you ever been on TV? Yes, accidentally. I was in the wrong place at a wrong time! I was in an art gallery with a friend in a mid-afternoon in the middle of the week. It so happened that a TV crew assigned to cover the event found me and my friend to be the only people at the gallery at that time. They approached and asked permission to interview me for the XX TV Company. I asked, "why me?" It turned out that they thought I was one of the artists! (it was an all-women show). I told them no, I am not an artist but an art patroness (joke!).. No, I told them the truth, that I am not an artist (nor an art patroness, nor an art expert), I just went there to see the exhibit. But they insisted to interview me (and to show me on TV), because they reasoned out, there's nobody else to interview and if I can say just a few things about my opinion regarding the exhibit.
Unfortunately, I did not have an opinion and I couldn't think of anything worthy to say in front of the TV that will be watched by the whole nation, so I pointed that they interview my friend. My friend pointed back at me. So the TV crew pleaded to interview both of us. Thus, my friend and I mumbled a few words which, we even couldn't understand. I felt my face hot and red, blushing... After we said our impromptu pieces, the TV guys thanked us profusely and told us to watch it at a certain day and time. I didn't watch of course, I didn't want to embarrass myself double time.. But friends and relatives later told me that they saw me on TV. And their first question was if the guy with me was my boyfriend! yaey!
2. Have you ever sung in public? Yes, quite a few times. A group show with my singing buddies in Uni, and of course there were those mandatory singing in public in primary school that happened during certain occasions.
3. Have you ever dyed your hair blond? Uh-uh.. not blond, but one time burgundy highlights and at another time, dark blue. The burgundy was kinda cute, my brother couldn't stop laughing. The dark blue turned out to be invisible in a black hair.
4. Have you ever eaten frog legs? Yes I did, long time ago, it was tasty I think.
5. Have you ever received a present that you really hated? Not exactly hate, perhaps some things I just didn't like much because I didn't really need, so i gave them away rather than watch them rot.
6. Have you ever walked into a lamp post? Not yet... hope it wont ever happen.
7. Have you ever cooked a meal by yourself for more than 15 people? Yes, once. I had to feed some people for some 'political' purpose.
8. Have you ever fallen or stumbled in front of others? Haven't fallen but stumbled a few times. I don't remember when and how and what happened after.
9. Have you ever done volunteer work? Yes, I have joined a mass feeding activity in the market place (the food was no ordinary, it was especially blessed in some kind of ritual :-); Back in Uni, I organized and collected relief goods for people in need in the countryside; My mountain climbing group once went to collect trash in Mt. Kabuyao, we filled a couple of sacks; With the same mountain climbing group we volunteered to search for a lost person in the river; and I think there were more (like tree planting :-)) but I don't remember anymore..
Tagging Angeli!
1 comments:
Kayni said...
Thank you for doing the tag =). I keep thinking frog legs are supposed to be good, but I don't know how they cook it here and the taste is really bad.