A guy who I used to like, upps! no, who in fact, used to like me, added me in FB. Though he was then kind of cute and funny, I avoided him because I lacked confidence on myself, I don't know if that makes sense but that's one reason I know why I avoided him. I simply couldn't imagine me and him together.
I thought he's also friends with the others I expected he'd be connected with in FB, so I checked our mutual friends list but contrary to what I expected, the other girls weren't (at least not yet) in his friend's list.. hmm.. And they were even closer with each other back then, or so I thought. I was all along aware that he is in FB because I could see from some common friend's contact, but it never occurred to me to add him because we substantially had nothing in the past, only the little chasing and fascination.
So what goes in the mind of a little-too-assuming-girl like me?
Does he still fancy me? (after 5 long years?!?)
Is he just curious?
Needing a friend?
I remember how I first encountered him and my first impression. I went to a special evening class where anybody interested in the subject may attend. I was a second year student, my last year in school. New students also attended. He was a new student. He and another male student were seated behind me and they were talking.
I heard him say: "sheez, I don't see even one pretty girl in this crowded room!"
The other guy responded in a low voice: "what about this one." (indicating me, I sensed it through my peripheral vision, or was it female intuition? lol).
He replied: "she's too short!"
His friend chuckled, saying: "too short for you only."
Shame, perhaps it was out of disappointment or sheer frustration in not seeing a pretty girl of their taste that they didn't even bother to hide their brazen guy talk! Anyway, I was at that time still having insecurity regarding my height and his remark simply bolstered my complex. I shrunk with embarrassment while trying to maintain my chin up as I looked stoically straight in front, pretending to be listening to the teacher. But this guy is indeed perhaps twice my size!
The unanticipated event, after that, was, he "semi-stalked" me! I didn't pay attention to him and I totally disregarded his concoctions. But I can say that compared to the other real stalkers, he was a pretty good boy and quite respectful and well-mannered. He knew how to stay out of the way when he's supposed to. At least he didn't dare call me and didn't bother himself endeavoring to know whether I was inside my room or somewhere else.
Ow, now he just emailed telling me about his life since after he left school, several good years ago. He never even emailed me this long before. Life is so unpredictable. Those who you think you may never see or hear from again just pop out of nowhere, and there -- a reconnection.
Oh, excuse me. I'm just reminiscing aloud, because I am right now thrilled. You know the feeling of recalling 'romances' of the past that never really materialized into a full love story but remains as fun memory, nonetheless?
I thought he's also friends with the others I expected he'd be connected with in FB, so I checked our mutual friends list but contrary to what I expected, the other girls weren't (at least not yet) in his friend's list.. hmm.. And they were even closer with each other back then, or so I thought. I was all along aware that he is in FB because I could see from some common friend's contact, but it never occurred to me to add him because we substantially had nothing in the past, only the little chasing and fascination.
So what goes in the mind of a little-too-assuming-girl like me?
Does he still fancy me? (after 5 long years?!?)
Is he just curious?
Needing a friend?
I remember how I first encountered him and my first impression. I went to a special evening class where anybody interested in the subject may attend. I was a second year student, my last year in school. New students also attended. He was a new student. He and another male student were seated behind me and they were talking.
I heard him say: "sheez, I don't see even one pretty girl in this crowded room!"
The other guy responded in a low voice: "what about this one." (indicating me, I sensed it through my peripheral vision, or was it female intuition? lol).
He replied: "she's too short!"
His friend chuckled, saying: "too short for you only."
Shame, perhaps it was out of disappointment or sheer frustration in not seeing a pretty girl of their taste that they didn't even bother to hide their brazen guy talk! Anyway, I was at that time still having insecurity regarding my height and his remark simply bolstered my complex. I shrunk with embarrassment while trying to maintain my chin up as I looked stoically straight in front, pretending to be listening to the teacher. But this guy is indeed perhaps twice my size!
The unanticipated event, after that, was, he "semi-stalked" me! I didn't pay attention to him and I totally disregarded his concoctions. But I can say that compared to the other real stalkers, he was a pretty good boy and quite respectful and well-mannered. He knew how to stay out of the way when he's supposed to. At least he didn't dare call me and didn't bother himself endeavoring to know whether I was inside my room or somewhere else.
Ow, now he just emailed telling me about his life since after he left school, several good years ago. He never even emailed me this long before. Life is so unpredictable. Those who you think you may never see or hear from again just pop out of nowhere, and there -- a reconnection.
Oh, excuse me. I'm just reminiscing aloud, because I am right now thrilled. You know the feeling of recalling 'romances' of the past that never really materialized into a full love story but remains as fun memory, nonetheless?
8 comments:
Kayni said...
Lol...this is good. Any chance you'll meet up? Things might work out this time. =)
Angeli said...
i like your post. :)
i know the feeling. nakakakilig. ahahahah
artemis said...
sabi niya mag-vacay sya sa thailand sa katapusan ng taon, pero diko pa talaga feel na magka-relasyon uli. ene-enjoy ko pa ang kalayaan ng pagiging singgel, that is, after 5 taon na nasa kontinyus na relasyon.
(ang hirap itagalog, tinatagalog ko kasi binabasa ito ng eks, yaw kong nag-peepeek sya sa mga current affairs ko)
Kayni said...
wen met ketdi, mayat ti single. isu lang nga no maminsan ket maasarak talaga nga karadamag da nga, apay 31 kan ket awan pay lang ti kastoy kastoy.
artemis said...
hahahah, sunga siak ket imbagakon nga after 5 yrs, at least adda t 5 yrs nga haandakun dama-damagen.
Kero said...
kilig-kilig ako :)
just a quick visit, Artemis. Hugs!
Kero said...
..ah oo nga pala. i remmber one meme where you answered you never had a Pinoy bf....could he be the luckiest guy? hihi
artemis said...
Hi Kero, huggs back to you! unfortunately, hindi siya Pinoy. in fact further than home pa as in, kaya nga diko na-imagine na magiging kami noon kasi naman bata pa ako at may pagka"racist" pa, ha ha.