This year seems to be a good year for me for learning various things that interests me. The process of change, sketched in my palm, has become a reality. I think I'm slowly going back full circle -- from being a right-brained child to a left-brained scholar, and back to being a right-brained artist. The end goal is of course to balance both hemispheres of the brain.



These are the things I want to learn, or are learning at the moment:
1. To learn how to play the bamboo flute - the traditional soulful style, not the classic or folkloric western style.

2. To re-learn drawing, particularly illustrating. Cute anime style if possible! Many things I want to express through image, but for the moment I'll have to be patient with toying and experimenting with words to render the purpose of expressing.

3. Dancing! Any kind... At the moment, into belly dance and another kind of dance which I don't know the name, (shall I call it casual, or disco, or ordinary modern dance, or what? but you get the idea..) I want to learn as much different dances as I can. It's surely good for the body and soul, it makes me think clearer and feel healthier. I've noticed dancing makes not only my body but also my way of thinking more flexible.


4. Still learning to play my ukulele and drum.. I'm lagging behind in these though.


5. A friend enlisted me to learn basic Korean lingo... it's free and they even pay for my transportation! I hope this will push through as I'm still waiting for the call.



... step to the right, step to the left... this tune is just ringing in my ear right now while I'm blogging. yay.






other random things going...

Two of my rubber shoes are worn-out due to overuse. But I'm still using them during sunny weather when the possibility of my socks getting wet is much less. I plan to do this until they totally fall apart. I think it is an issue of attachment.

I have, nevertheless, been frequenting sports shoe shops, hunting for comfy walking/running, and dancing shoes to replace the worn-out ones. I first visited the ukay (used shops) but the sellers are no-less smart, they surely are familiar with their wares. They sell the good sports shoes very expensively. It doesn't seem worth it to spend much time in the ukay looking for a costly second-hand shoes. So I thought if I'm going to buy an expensive footwear, I'd buy it new, fresh and clean and use it forever. As of now I got one pair of walking shoes which is so far so good. And still looking for at least one more pair, must be light weight and comfy. Maybe I'll try the crocs.


A girl who owe me money suddenly showed up to pay me, long after I gave-up expecting to be paid back by her (maybe God is listening to my prayers after all). So today I bought a new and much more comfortable computer chair. I'll donate the old one to my nieces.
Mine doesn't look as pretty as this pink one, I have a black one and I'm enormously enjoying sitting on it right now as I type.




.


This entry was posted on Wednesday, September 23, 2009 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

4 comments:

    Angeli said...

    i tried belly dancing before. ansaya diba? i had a hard time isolating my hips from the rest of my body. hahah

  1. ... on 9/23/09, 8:00 PM  
  2. artemis said...

    hey Anj, sanka nag-try? ba't naman di mo tinuloy-tuloy.. ako kaya ang tigas-tigas ng katawan ko dahil sa training ko sa karate noon..medyo ok na ngayon, ha ha..

  3. ... on 9/23/09, 8:51 PM  
  4. Kayni said...

    Yes, let's keep on learning. I love how you said you're coming full circle. I wish to feel that too...maybe soon...I'll just let time do its own course.

  5. ... on 9/23/09, 9:51 PM  
  6. Ukulele Man said...

    Keep plucking away at the ukulele -- it's SO rewarding once you figure it out. It's the most fun instrument ever created!

    Happy Plucking!

    www.howtoplayukulele.net

  7. ... on 9/24/09, 5:21 PM