There is a story about how a young man came to the master and said: "I want to become a Christ."
The master said: " How much gold would you give?"
The young man said: "All of it because I could manifest anything even gold if I was a Christ."
The master said: "Right answer, for you have mastered detachment but wrong reason for becoming a Christ." Then the master said: "They will hate you, you will reflect back to them their own lack of self worth, love, joy and bliss, their lack of self mastery. You will also amplify all the fear, guilt, anger, and unworthiness within them for which they will blame you."
The young man said: " I still want to reach my highest level of enlightenment."
The master said: "The first thing you will have to master is any need for approval, acceptance or love outside of yourself, only then will you be able to stay the course, master loving detachment and love unconditional without reaction. Then and only then can you maintain the constant flow of God and serve others telling them what they need to hear not what they want to hear for which again they will hate you."
- James Gilliland www.eceti.org
The master said: " How much gold would you give?"
The young man said: "All of it because I could manifest anything even gold if I was a Christ."
The master said: "Right answer, for you have mastered detachment but wrong reason for becoming a Christ." Then the master said: "They will hate you, you will reflect back to them their own lack of self worth, love, joy and bliss, their lack of self mastery. You will also amplify all the fear, guilt, anger, and unworthiness within them for which they will blame you."
The young man said: " I still want to reach my highest level of enlightenment."
The master said: "The first thing you will have to master is any need for approval, acceptance or love outside of yourself, only then will you be able to stay the course, master loving detachment and love unconditional without reaction. Then and only then can you maintain the constant flow of God and serve others telling them what they need to hear not what they want to hear for which again they will hate you."
- James Gilliland www.eceti.org
2 comments:
things&thongs said...
Nice post. Sometimes we do have to play the kontrabida role in someone else's life. Not everyone can do that. Ako - magbabait baitan na lang muna hehe
artemis said...
correct sister, that's why we need to become bitches sometimes too! :-)