Weather is so unpredictably changing every 10 minutes. This is one reason why I decided to travel to the lowlands to avoid the rain in this mountain city. It was raining when I left and it was still raining when I came back.
When we came back Saturday night, despite being tired, it was raining hard we had to spend time at a coffee shop until about midnight. But even at midnight, the rain didn't stop and it was hard to get a taxi.
I slept very well for the night and when I woke up in the morning I felt the body pains. This I got from riding "top-load" for a 4 hours jeep ride to a very remote village.
I enjoyed the top-load ride very much, beautiful scenery and funny companions. We laughed, joked and sang on top of our voices, and the weather was overcast so it was not at all hot.
After watching a very long and uninteresting movie yesterday, I slept the whole day. And it rained all day. I woke up at night only to eat two pieces of bananas. I was not feeling hungry. Then I slept again until morning. I slept too much. This I usually do when I'm physically tired, I guess it's the way my body re-energizes. Today, it's not raining (not yet) and I'm going downtown to get a much needed massage.
The Trip
We also tried to pick (steal) mangoes, reaching out towards the mango trees lining the road while the jeep was running.
The jeep driver was very mad at us for inside the jeep was almost empty, everybody just wanted to go 'top-load.' But when it rained, he was still kind to give us rain covers, despite his scolding words, ha ha.
sit and relax.
we bathed at the crystal clear
river in the morning.
meeting wide-eyed village kids halfway the rope and wooden bridge..
The way to eat, centralized, and each according to his/her... the tiny village host had to feed about 500 people, including a couple of foreigners. My NGO friends were there to talk about "climate change" and its possible impact on remote villages.
Trying some acrobatic stunts to enchant my friends, ha ha!
And they did likewise!.. after some practice :-)
we'll surely fall into the stony river, he he..
Travel time: April 09
6 comments:
Angeli said...
ansaya naman. kasama mo pala si maris.. :)
hindi ba nakakatakot?
artemis said...
kasama ko sila ni jo-ann at isa pang junior natin from peyups.
sabi ni jo-ann maganda daw to conquer fears, ha ha.. mas magaganda mga photos na nakuha nila.
Kayni said...
isardeng you man dagita acrobatics dita hanging bridge...he he he. a fun trip. send some rain here.
artemis said...
Kayni, di bale maming-pingsan lang met nga adda chance nga ag-acrobatic :-).. am-mmum met ni jo-ann diba? am-mmu dka met.. sana nga jan na lang umulan, sobra na dito...
Angeli said...
ala.. hindi ko nakilala si jo-ann. siya pala yung naka-pink. :)
artemis said...
angeli,
gumanda kasi si jo-ann kaya di na nakikilala.. si mariz naman, the same pa rin, di nagbabago ang kilay. ha ha ha..