This update was supposed to be out last week. But when I went to check on the Final Decision last week, for some reason, it was still not decided on. I was asked to go back this week.
I went to the Trial Court with my heart beating faster than normal.
Me: (Talking to a staff) I'd like to follow-up Case no. 0370
Staff: (Smiling) Ah, about the case of the dog bite??
Me: No, no.. Nothing to do with a dog bite. It was filed under SC. No. 0370. The last hearing was held a couple of weeks ago and I was told to come today to know the final verdict. It is about ____ vs. ____ .
Staff: Oh, that one! Wasn't that Case already dismissed??
Me: Dismissed??? Are you sure?
Staff: Well, let's see...
He stood up and proceeded to another table to search through piles of folders while humming a song. Those moments, while he took his time rummaging through stack of papers, took ages. Continuously, he mumbled, "Sc. No. 0370.. No. 0370...." in between his song...
At last, I saw him pull out a folder. He walked back towards where I was standing. He laid the folder on the table, opened it slowly and leafed through the pages. In my mind I was shouting "faster!"
From the folder he pulled out a stapled document, looked at it a bit, raised a bored eyebrow, then handed it to me, finally...
I took it, hurriedly thanked him and went out of the room to read it in one of the benches outside.
It is a long four-paged document. My hands a bit shaking, I patiently read all through it, page by page, word by word, without skipping to the final page. The first part summarized the circumstances of my complaint and my demand, I thought I was winning. But for the second part, it summarized the response and defense of the Defendant, I thought I'm gonna lose. The third part was the Judge's take on the matter. Finally, the last part is the conclusion, or Decision. I won the Lawsuit!
I went to the Trial Court with my heart beating faster than normal.
Me: (Talking to a staff) I'd like to follow-up Case no. 0370
Staff: (Smiling) Ah, about the case of the dog bite??
Me: No, no.. Nothing to do with a dog bite. It was filed under SC. No. 0370. The last hearing was held a couple of weeks ago and I was told to come today to know the final verdict. It is about ____ vs. ____ .
Staff: Oh, that one! Wasn't that Case already dismissed??
Me: Dismissed??? Are you sure?
Staff: Well, let's see...
He stood up and proceeded to another table to search through piles of folders while humming a song. Those moments, while he took his time rummaging through stack of papers, took ages. Continuously, he mumbled, "Sc. No. 0370.. No. 0370...." in between his song...
At last, I saw him pull out a folder. He walked back towards where I was standing. He laid the folder on the table, opened it slowly and leafed through the pages. In my mind I was shouting "faster!"
From the folder he pulled out a stapled document, looked at it a bit, raised a bored eyebrow, then handed it to me, finally...
I took it, hurriedly thanked him and went out of the room to read it in one of the benches outside.
It is a long four-paged document. My hands a bit shaking, I patiently read all through it, page by page, word by word, without skipping to the final page. The first part summarized the circumstances of my complaint and my demand, I thought I was winning. But for the second part, it summarized the response and defense of the Defendant, I thought I'm gonna lose. The third part was the Judge's take on the matter. Finally, the last part is the conclusion, or Decision. I won the Lawsuit!
6 comments:
Angeli said...
oh wow. that is so great! so will you get back your money plus compensation for the damages, etc?
congratulations, artemis.
artemis said...
thanks angeli...
according to the decision, the Defendant has to pay me back.. but for some reason compensation was not stated, i don't know why, and I'm working on that now.
:-)
Kayni said...
Wonderful news. Go get your money back =)
artemis said...
he he, thanks Kayni, cheers!
findingsupergirl said...
I was waiting for this sequel to come out. Haha.
Congrats, kabsat - at least you got your money back - and better still, that justice was served.
Thanks for the Cordi Day post!
warm regards,
Eleonor
artemis said...
Yes, Lnr, justice is served, that's what matters most... :-)