That was called the Pacman vs. Hitman fight yesterday.
I don't watch boxing, but because of so much talk I hear around me(which is usual during Pacman fights), I You Tubed to see what it's all about. :-)
Pacman is Filipino from General Santos City, Mindanao and Hitman is British from Manchester.
I guess it's really not where a person comes from nor about his race, but the way one conducts oneself tells much about a person.
When I watched the video on You Tube where they got weighed in, I had a glimpse of these two boxers' personalities. Amidst the crowd, when presented, Pacman pressed his palms together close to his chest and bowed really low -- a salutation commonly used in eastern martial arts. It's meant to express respect and humility. Hitman, on the other hand, raised his right hand to show an aggressive clench fist gesture, which I think, means "fight!" or maybe, "I am / we are more powerful than you" kind of body-language message. Or, perhaps it's just the most accepted manly way of displaying brute force.
When he came up on stage, Pacman looked a bit intimidated by the deafening roars of the cheering Brits (sounded like that war-cry-chant you hear during soccer games), but he maintained a very relaxed, soft and smiling expression all the time. The Hitman, on the other hand, maintained a stony-face, despite his large-cheering crowd. And while the Pacman raised his arms to make that hand gesture of "love," the Hitman kept raising his arms shaking his clench fists.
Or is this the difference between Eastern and Western cultural attributes?
And he was even very impatient to fight Pacman.
Pacman fought like he was dancing.
On the first round, Hitman was knocked down twice.
On the second round, Hitman was knocked out.
Everybody was stunned.
A bit too early, but it's Game Over.
I don't like seeing people fighting. I don't like seeing people losing and being bloody.
But it was a very good game, very brief, so not very bloody.
here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgNRKOPdx50
I don't watch boxing, but because of so much talk I hear around me(which is usual during Pacman fights), I You Tubed to see what it's all about. :-)
Pacman is Filipino from General Santos City, Mindanao and Hitman is British from Manchester.
I guess it's really not where a person comes from nor about his race, but the way one conducts oneself tells much about a person.
When I watched the video on You Tube where they got weighed in, I had a glimpse of these two boxers' personalities. Amidst the crowd, when presented, Pacman pressed his palms together close to his chest and bowed really low -- a salutation commonly used in eastern martial arts. It's meant to express respect and humility. Hitman, on the other hand, raised his right hand to show an aggressive clench fist gesture, which I think, means "fight!" or maybe, "I am / we are more powerful than you" kind of body-language message. Or, perhaps it's just the most accepted manly way of displaying brute force.
When he came up on stage, Pacman looked a bit intimidated by the deafening roars of the cheering Brits (sounded like that war-cry-chant you hear during soccer games), but he maintained a very relaxed, soft and smiling expression all the time. The Hitman, on the other hand, maintained a stony-face, despite his large-cheering crowd. And while the Pacman raised his arms to make that hand gesture of "love," the Hitman kept raising his arms shaking his clench fists.
Or is this the difference between Eastern and Western cultural attributes?
* * *
On another video, I saw it was Hitman who challenged Pacman for a match.And he was even very impatient to fight Pacman.
Pacman fought like he was dancing.
On the first round, Hitman was knocked down twice.
On the second round, Hitman was knocked out.
Everybody was stunned.
A bit too early, but it's Game Over.
I don't like seeing people fighting. I don't like seeing people losing and being bloody.
But it was a very good game, very brief, so not very bloody.
here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgNRKOPdx50
1 comments:
Kayni said...
i've never been interested in boxing, and i didn't watch this fight too. i'm contented just knowing the result that indeed, Pacman, won on the second round. it was a quick victory.