Judge: (Talking to me) How much was the loan the Complainant is asking from the Defendant?
Me: ____ Php...
Judge: (Addressing the defendant) What is the defense of the Defendant?
Defendant: I did not receive any money. (firmly and defensively)
Judge: Does the Complainant have a receipt that supports her claim?
Me: No Sir.
Judge: (To me again) If you don't have a receipt of the loan what other evidences can you show to prove that the Defendant owes you money?
Me: I have a Witness with me right now and she is willing to answer questions. She also made a sworn affidavit on my favor.
Judge: (Talking to me again.) The decisive factors in lawsuits are the written evidences, documents, as well as the integrity/credibility of the parties involved.
Defendant: yesss! (relieved)
Me: (sh_t)
Judge: Will you call over the Witness to come in front.
I motioned for the witness to come in front.
Judge: (To the Witness) Are you a Witness to the transaction that occurred between Plaintiff and Defendant?
Witness: Yes Sir, I was acting as the Defendant's assistant at that time. Since I was the one overseeing her business, the Defendant who was my boss, ordered me to receive the money from the Complainant and hand it to her. The Defendant was my boss at that time and I just followed her order to receive the money from the Complainant. I received the money and personally handed it to the Defendant.
Defendant: (Addressing the Judge) Your Honor, I did not receive the said amount of money.
Then the judge again asked me if I have additional documents to submit which will support my claim. I told him that I already submitted what I could: My 3-paged statement, the sworn affidavit of my witness, and email exchanges with the defendant.
(In the last hearings, I already submitted the scanty documents I could gather to prove the legitimacy of my claim but the Judge did not have time to peruse them. The defendant likewise already submitted her evidences to deny my claims. I only submitted three documents while the defendant submitted many, I didn't know what they were that she submitted.)
Judge: Ok, the Case is now submitted for final decision based on the documents you both have turned-over to us. Session adjourned!
That's it??? Ughhh.. So disappointing. Decision will be based on submitted documents only?? I kind of expected we would finally and rigorously be cross-examined, including the Witness, so that three of us would be given the chance to state our claims and so that it will be ascertained who is lying and who is telling the truth.
Ah, this is such a game of suspense.
(Next will be the final decision as the Judge had said.)
3 comments:
Angeli said...
may part three pa pala.. you are keeping us in suspense! parang serialized novel.. :D
Kayni said...
still, i'm hoping the decision will be in your favor. i wish you well and let's see how things unfold.
artemis said...
Angeli, yes the final judgment is next week! ganito pala ang magka-kaso, putol-putol talaga..
Kayni, thanks so much.i have had high hopes but not until the last hearing, but,, yes there is still much hope.. i trust the judge's sense of discernment.